Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Saturday, July 28, 2012

An Outdoor Pool! Finally!!!

If my memory serves me correctly, we have not gone swimming in an outdoor pool since last August!  There may have been the occasional night swim at the Phillips' house, but yesterday we were able to soak up the warm sun, go off the high dive, and slip down the slides all afternoon.  The kids were in Heaven!
You cannot imagine Thomas' excitement when two friends from his class just happened to be at the pool.  There was a whole lot of hugging!  These four had such a fun day!
This was my view all afternoon.  I loved just sunning and chatting with Kathie and Becki.  What a great day!!!  On a side note...I didn't realize just how sun deprived we really are.  When you go to a pool with folks that have been in the sun all summer, it is really, really obvious who leaves in Europe...WOW! 

This is such a fun picture of sweet friends and even better because I got Becki's oldest, Trevor, going off the high dive.  I didn't even realize it until I uploaded the picture.  Pretty cool, huh Becki!
And, this is our trip back to Grandma's house in Moline.  I can't even remember the last time these two slept in the car.  Apparently, the sun and swim wore them out!
What a terrific day!

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment