Yes, you are missing a day of the Ohio Vastine European Adventure. The family took a trip to Amsterdam yesterday. Allison and I stayed home because she wasn't feeling well. And, I can tell you that she was really sick because that is the one place she has been wanting to go since we arrived. So, we will make a special trip there just for her in the near future. Anyway, Chris took about six pictures, and somehow Cheryl's pictures are missing from her memory card. :( We can't figure out what happened. But, she said Amsterdam wasn't the highlight of the trip (probably because I wasn't there...hahaha!), and she is way more level headed than me. Not only are the Amsterdam pictures missing, but so are her Brussels pictures. I would be freaking out. I would have insisted a trip back to retake all of the pictures. ;) She is much wiser than me...for sure!
So today, we headed to Gent. Most importantly, Brandon wanted to see Gravensteen Castle or "Castle of the Counts". We were able to visit St. Bavo Catherdral, the Belfry, and another church while we were there as well. It was another great day!
 |
| Outside St. Bavo Cathedral |
 |
| and inside too! |
 |
| At the top of the Belfry. |
 |
| Here we are walking along the canal. I would normally get a shot at the one of the bridges that I love, but there is a jazz festival going on. Literally, you can't see most of the canal because stages have been built over the top of it. I pretty much had the same reaction I had to the scaffolding at Neuschwanstein Castle. It wasn't pretty. :) |
 |
| Visiting Gravensteen Castle....any place with this many weapons is a favorite of this cutie! |
 |
| Word! |
 |
| We took several of these shots today. :) |
 |
| Awwwww...... but don't let it fool you...he was on my list today. LOL! |
 |
| The other cathedral...sorry, but I don't have a clue what it is called. Anyone? |
 |
| This guy just doesn't have the pose like Cheryl does! |
 |
Those are some giant candle holders back there.
Until next time, Wendy |
love your orange bag ;)
ReplyDeleteWas gonna say the same thing, Mackenzie...but add that I love the "list!" lol
ReplyDelete