It's so good to be home! We've been in Belgium a little less than seven months, but we still wanted to take the opportunity to make a trip home this summer. For the kids, you know. :) On Friday, July 20th, we arrived in Moline, IL. We had traveled from Brussels to Newark, Newark to Chicago, and Chicago to Moline. We left Brussels at 10:00 A.M. and arrived in Moline at 6:00 P.M. which is actually 1:00 A.M. the following day in Brussels. We were exhausted, and these smiling faces were a welcomed sight!
 |
| The kids were so shocked to see the Knepps at the airport to greet us! Allison and Leksi are so happy to finally be together again! |
 |
| We were able to have dinner with Aubry and her boyfriend this weekend! |
 |
| And on Monday, we traveled to Normal, IL to visit with my college friends. I'm so glad that six out of nine of us were able to be together! |
 |
| A visit with my college friends wouldn't be complete without a dance party.... |
 |
| and a trip to the Pub II for cheeseballs! They were delicious!!! |
 |
| Future ISU students? |
 |
| We are so lucky that our kids adore each other! There are many more Danceline kids in the group, but these four were the remaining ones from the sleepover. |
 |
| Oh, I totally love this! She's in front of my old dorm at ISU. :) |
 |
| We did several takes, and this was the best I could get. |
 |
| Then it was a stop in Morton for dinner with the Phillips family at La Fiesta! I'll have to go back when I'm not driving....the Diet Coke with free refills were great...don't get me wrong, but I'm hoping for something of the frozen variety with lots of salt on the rim of the glass! ;) |
 |
Me, Kathie, and my sister Nicole! It was a super day. We headed back to Moline tonight to see my mom. Tomorrow, we will spend the day in Moline, and then we are off to Peoria/Morton tomorrow night. I feel like I am wearing a path on I-74 already! Oh, who cares! It's just good to be HOME!
Until next time, Wendy |
My soul sings to know you are here...and I can't wait to see you. I love the picture of you, Nicole and Kathie...the sister God gave you and the one you found for yourself.
ReplyDeleteI told you we put over 3500 miles on thr rental car doing visits. Be prepared for some serious driving. Hope you have a great time!
ReplyDeleteDid you have the cheese steak? Can't wait to see you Thursday!
ReplyDeleteWelcome home, Vastine family!! We are eager to see you in person!
ReplyDelete