Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Friday, July 13, 2012

Scenes from Paris

Just a few pics to share of Paris.  No people in these photos.  Just some shots of the beautiful city.  I wish I could do it justice.  It is really beautiful, and I think every building looks like a museum.  
Walking along the Seine across from the Louvre.
The light was hitting the dome just right.
Le Tour Eiffel
On the boat tour and passing under Pont Alexandre Bridge
This is Thomas' favorite bridge "with all the funny faces." :)
The Orsay Museum...and to think it was going to be torn down!  What a save that was!
Enjoying a bit of sunshine around the clouds.

Notre Dame
The back of Notre Dame while boating on the Seine.
A boat for my mom. :)
I was really hoping that sunshine would creep closer to the Eiffel Tower, but no such luck.
There is always a crane present in a picture taken in Europe.
The Champs Elysees from the top of the Arc de Triomphe.
Arc de Triomphe
I really do love Paris!
Our quaint little hotel that was across from the Louvre.
This was the view from Tim and Cheryl's room.  Our room faced the inner part of the building and looked like a scene out of the movie Moulin Rouge.
Our view while waiting to enter the Catacombs. 
Love it! 
Silly gargoyle!

The Louvre
Arc du Carrousel outside the Louvre
The Tuileries
The kids loved this fountain.
Inside Notre Dame





The Winged Victory of Samothrace
This seriously takes my breath away.  What a sight!

One of the ceilings of the Louvre
Wow!  What a room!
What are you looking at?
I love the wrought iron on every balcony.
Sweet sunshine
Doors on the Louvre
An evening at the Louvre
Pont Alexandre...so beautiful, but at the time was loaded with pick pockets.  They kept picking up rings they "found" on the ground and asking if they belonged to tourists.  They just want to get close to you.  We would watch them walk around the block and then start again.  

Folks just enjoying their day and relaxing around the fountains of the Tuileries. 
The Orangerie Museum...and home to Monet's Water Lilies.
Farewell Paris...I do hope we see each other again very soon!

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment