Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Adventure Day #1

In my past life, you know the one where I lived in the Central Time Zone :)....I would jet on over to Peoria to do a little shopping on a free day.  Did I have free days???  On very special occasions, I would take the day, or very rarely, the weekend to head up to Chicago.  But today, I headed on over to France to do a little shopping. I know...shut it Vastine! I said it for you Molly. :) 

I met some really terrific friends when I took the Hints class at the American Women's Club, and we are committed to doing something new each week.  I really like this idea!  It's not so intimidating to discover new things when you are sharing it with such a fun group.  Thanks so much for asking me to join in girls!
Our first destination was Lille, France.  Why this city you ask??  Because this city, just one hour and 20 minutes away...has a GAP. :) Andrea and Heather, I am trying to find every nearby GAP, so we can shop at all of them when you come to visit!
Vivian, Gretchen, and Ericka are ready for some serious shopping!
And one with me...um yes...I am the short one! This became very obvious when I tried to hold my umbrella over Ericka's head.  Poor thing almost broke her back trying to walk under it.  
As I so often hear from my GPS...."You have arrived at your destination...on right!"  Whoo hoo!!!  And, each member of the family received something today, so everyone was happy with my little shopping trip.

I'll report back on next week's adventure.  Chris has said, more than once, when we return to Belgium someday, he would like to come back as an expat wife. I must admit, it's not a bad gig. :)

Until next time,
Wendy

3 comments:

  1. I told you that you would absolutely love it!!! Glad you finding the Gaps and enjoying life!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like a fun trip! So happy for you...enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete