Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bruxelles 20k

Today was the day!  The race Chris didn't train for.  Yikes!  He was nervous for sure, but we knew he would do a great job.  Apparently working at least 16 hours a day, running once a week (if he was lucky), and carbo loading with Belgian beers is the key to successful training.  He ran the 20k in 1 hr 46 min.  Way to go Chris!
It was the most beautiful day.  I can easily get used to this weather, but I know it isn't here to stay.
Tops my list of favorite pictures from the day.  I should have waited 20 seconds more for the guy in the white shirt to get up there to potty.  Note the tree in the bottom right.  That's not water on the bottom of that tree.  Allison was appalled by all of this public urination!
This will always be one of my favorite places in town.  It's just so beautiful!
The sun was just so bright that he couldn't see the screen of his iPod Touch.  Ridiculous!
Piggy toes in the fountain!
I used Allison's little Nikon today instead of lugging my big camera with me.  This little thing takes some great pictures!
Here's the finish line...prior to any finishers.

Nice work Daddy!  Thomas always wears his Dad's medals at the end of the race.  And, Allison is sporting the fancy Spa Water hat we received for free! :)

After a mad dash to get this house cleaned before my mom arrives tomorrow, we had a very enjoyable dinner with some of our friends here in Waterloo.  This is the "kid" table.  Allison couldn't pause long enough on her ribs to even look at the camera.
And my dear friends.  I didn't want to interrupt all of the interesting conversations.  We are feeling so blessed to have so many new and loving friends in our life here in Belgium.

My mom will be here in eight hours!  We have a big day planned tomorrow.  I sure hope she and Mike can stay awake for all the fun.

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment