I was a little nervous for the start of this day. My French lesson was being held at the Stockel market. I would be forced to speak French to all of the vendors in front of my mom, Mike, and my tutor. Gah! But, I must say that it went well, and we went home with loads of goodies.
 |
Here's my fabulous tutor Lili! She's been so much fun to work with and obviously she has the patience of a saint with this language challenged gal!
After the market, we dropped our goodies off at the house, and we were off to Gent. This is the area of Belgium where my family is originally from, so I knew my mom would enjoy stopping here. |
 |
| St. Bavo Cathedral in Gent |
 |
| Here is Gent when we visited back in February...it was a frozen tundra! |
 |
| And, here is Gent today! Ahhhhh...so much better! |
 |
| So, this building was under some major construction. The heavy duty scaffolding was attached to the front of the building and literally holding it up, and the historic front was the only remaining part of the entire building!! I certainly appreciate that the original face of the building has been maintained, but I can't imagine what a massive job that must be. |
 |
| M&M in front of the Castle of the Counts. |
 |
We had a delicious lunch too! I tell ya, the food here is to die for!
Until next time, Wendy |
Very pretty pics!! The food looks Yummy!!!
ReplyDelete