Here is our day in iPhone pictures...with some commentary of course. :)
 |
| The kids were acolytes at church for the first time. They did a great job and didn't have to wear the beautiful royal blue robe with the white thing over your shoulders like I had to wear when I was an acolyte! Lucky ducks! |
 |
Our drive to and from church is through the forest, and it is a gorgeous drive. It is really amazing now that everything is in bloom. I happened to look in the side mirror, and this is what I saw. Thankful my phone was in my lap, so I could snap this sweet shot.
The best part of the day was the sunshine and 74 degree temperature. Most of our day was spent in the backyard. I must say, it was so nice to be home just relaxing. |
 |
| The American Girl dolls were even soaking up the sun. |
Little Miss Allison has a book report due next Tuesday and a long way to go on that book. She needs to get moving because Grandma and Mike arrive on Monday, and I am quite sure there will be no working on the book report once they arrive.
 |
| Allison and her darling friend spent a lot of time on the trampoline when they weren't playing their violin/viola and playing American Girl dolls (so happy Allison has someone to play these with.) And, I frequently heard this while they jumped. "Hey Mom! Take our picture. Wasn't that jump awesome! Take another. No that wasn't good. Take another one......" I often regret the number of times I made my mom give me a score off the diving board or watch every cartwheel I did across the yard. I'll bet I was annoying! :) |
 |
| Well, this one had to get in on the competition too. Limber is NOT his middle name. Such a boy! If I may go on a tangent...we were jumping on the trampoline yesterday too. I was showing Thomas how to do the twist while we jumped. He then wanted to show me how to do "the screw". Do you see where I'm going with this?.... He starts jumping and twirling and repeatedly chanting, "I'm screwing...I'm going to screw with you Mommy....Mommy, let's screw!" And, for those of you who know Thomas, you know that he is LOUD! Only one volume with this boy, and that is MAX! Unfortunately, most of our neighbors speak English. Oh my dear Lord.....all I could do was laugh. |
 |
| Whoa! Look at those skills. Now, if we can just get that to happen on the ground. |
 |
| Not to be outdone by my children. I had to prove that I could still do it. Chris just kept shaking his head. This was like take #10. And, not because I couldn't do it well, but his photography skills were not up to par. ;) LOL! |
 |
And, like most days in Belgium, the beautiful day ended with a major thunderstorm. We actually had lightening and thunder and even lost power 3+ times. Unfortunately, the chicken wasn't quite finished, so this is how the remainder of the grilling went for Chris.
And, that my friends, is our Sunday at home.
Until next time, Wendy |
Wendy- u are so amusing how you write your anecotes. You could probably cobble all your blogs together into a bestseller book! We spent our Sunday running to Home Depot AGAIN!! to get the disposal in right (4 trips) only to find out the main line was clogged- the sink had backed up because of that, not the disposal. Luckily my neighbor knows plumbing and came over with a snake-- saved us a whopper plumber bill!! Got a working sink again yeah!
ReplyDeletelove it all! church, the dolls, the trampoline and the rain! thanks again for always sharing and for making us feel so close to you guys still! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteDear Vastine Family,
ReplyDeleteI was so glad to see Allison and Thomas being able to serve as acolytes in your worship service! I did some of that while growing up in the Methodist Church in Tremont, but I can't remember if we had to wear robes. Have a most wonderful time while your mom and her friend pay you a visit . . . we know that you will!!