Sunday morning, we enjoyed our delicious English breakfast, and we were off! First stop was St. Paul's Cathedral...the location of Prince Charles and Diana's wedding. When we arrived, the bells were chiming the most beautiful tune. It went on for quite some time and just gave me goosebumps.
 |
| It is really a magnificent church. I can see why Diana chose to be married here. And well, from what I've been told, it was also chosen because Queen Elizabeth was NOT married here. Love family drama...speaking of.... |
 |
Now, I know all of our pictures look like everything is just so dandy and picture perfect. But, I think it's important to share what life can really be like. We are raising "normal" children, and here you see our bratty beautiful children fighting on the steps of St. Paul's Cathedral....yes folks...they were actually smacking each other. What you don't see if the spinning head of their mother who took them behind that lovely pillar and chewed their butts out! I'm sure that too would have been a lovely picture. What was the cause of this drama you ask? Allison attempted to put her arm around Thomas for a picture. |
 |
| Punishment for acting like brats and being mean to each other....you must now put your arms around each other and act like you love each other. And, trust me, touching each other in a loving way is punishment...at least for Thomas! |
 |
| Another beautiful shot of the cathedral and my children affectionately embraced on the steps. This infliction of pain and suffering gives me great pleasure. LOL! |
 |
| Someone is still crabby! Did someone lace your spot of tea with unpleasantries? |
 |
| Alas....happy people! With my lovely and dear friend Christie. |
 |
| And the Vastine family...semi-happy people at this point. Family pictures is Chris' most favorite part of any travel excursion. ;) |
 |
| We were able to avoid the 48 British pounds entrance fee because it was time for the church service. Well played! And, whoops, my camera accidentally took a picture of the lovely surroundings that are NOT to be photographed. Darn camera! Looks like I need to put it in time-out with my children! |
 |
| Starbucks seems to make the whole morning better! |
 |
| Then it was off to the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. It really is a site to behold! We skipped London Bridge because we were told there is nothing to it. But this bridge is one you need to see! |
 |
| I'm going to do a collage up the staircase of our travels in all black and white shots. This will definitely be joining the wall of fame! |
 |
| A guard outside the Crown Jewels...which were amazing by the way! I kindly reminded Chris that Mother's Day is next weekend as we passed the 530.2 karat diamond. I assured him the gift didn't need to be quite that extravagant. :) |
 |
| Hanging out with a Beefeater while the kids (and Kolin) finished their lollies. :) He told us all about his daughter's wedding in the chapel of the Tower of London (they couldn't take pictures inside either.) It was a Christmas wedding and sounded magnificent...to say the least. |
 |
| Another Beefeater...they actually live in the homes within the Tower of London. |
 |
| The changing of the guard in the Tower of London. |
 |
| You must do the jump! |
 |
| Even Christie was kind and played along. :) Maybe I should do a wall collage of all the jumping around Europe. That might be fun! |
 |
| I must say...I am likin' my green pants and Converse shoes. So European! |
 |
| I took at least 50 pictures of the bridge. LOL! |
 |
| How did my car get here? |
 |
| A stroll across the bridge to our lunch destination. |
 |
| Lunch was just on the other side of the bridge at a lovely pub. The food was delicious and served the English dish we had been looking for. It wasn't until we were leaving that I realized my camera bag had been stolen from the back of Thomas' chair...which was situated against a wall...and I thought would be more safe than my chair right on the aisle. I really hope the individual was disappointed to find a lens (which was quite nice), charger, Christmas ornament from the Tower of London, and a tampon inside. Jokes on you buddy! Thanking God that my actual camera, iPhone, and purse were in my lap. Keeping my perspective on this situation. It could have been so much worse! |
 |
| One last shot of the Tower of London. I wasn't in much of a mood to take pictures after that incident. |
 |
But, I had to get a parting shot of my little man with his British GAP shirt that his loving Mum bought him the day before.
In spite of the theft, I can't wait to go back....wish we were off to the Olympics, but it will be complete madness. We will wait until at least September. ;) Looks like the Harry Potter exhibit is next up for our next trip to London.
We will by lying low until my mom arrives in less than three weeks! So, for a bit, you will just be getting the exciting daily life of the Vastines. I'll bet you can't wait! ;)
Until next time, Wendy |
You have a great sense of humor, Wendy. I enjoy your travel postings. This one (and its predecessor) made me a bit nostalgic but also reminded me that visiting London is, in my opinion, far better than living there. I'm glad you had such a good time!
ReplyDeleteI second your friend. I love your humor....definitely makes me smile and laugh. Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day! Your kids are so blessed to have you as a Mum (ok, had to spell it that way for this comment;) And your students were quite lucky to have you as a teacher....just thought I'd throw that in there for teacher appreciation day:)
ReplyDelete