Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Adventure Day #2

Here's my co-pilot today.  If dogs could talk, he would be saying, "What the heck is with all this traffic?"  One hour and seventeen minutes after departure, the kids arrived at their school this morning....which is only 5 km away!!!  Not sure what happened somewhere over in Brussels, but it trickled over to my neck of the woods.  The kids were late, and so were the dozens of other kids on the buses behind us.  
I found this adorable keychain at the American Women's Club today.  Just perfect for my friend Banu.  She just bought one of these to cruise around Morton.  Sounds like they are all the rage these days. 


Now on to Adventure Day #2.  Polish pottery is very popular here.  I first discovered it at the Poland booth at the International Festival at ISB.  I immediately fell in love with the different patterns and picked up a small tray I have used quite often.  Gretchen suggested we visit the seller's open house today.  These open houses are held only three times per year, so we just had to go. ;)  I found out this pottery is microwave, dishwasher, and oven safe.  I've decided this is what I am collecting while I'm here....well okay, I seem to be collecting a lot of things, but this is my priority.  I have my heart set on a vase that I am hoping she will be able to get for me.  I'll keep you posted.  I know you're dying to hear!  Ha!
I mean, really!  How does one decide what to buy?  I purchased a round platter with those great handles (you can see in the top picture) and a two part dish that will be perfect for olives and cheese.
On to lunch (always an important part of the day.)  We decided on Thai food.  It was a first for me, and it was delicious!  I'll definitely be going back.  This restaurant is in Rhode St. Genese, and this just happens to be where all of my lovely Adventure Club friends live.  In the top left picture, I am holding the awesome coffee mug Ericka gave me.  It is a camera lens mug complete with the cap.  It is the "replacement lens" for the one that was stolen.  I laughed until I almost cried.  So thoughtful!  Love these girls!

Next, was a stop at an outlet furniture/decor shop just down the street from the restaurant.  It's not much to look at on the outside...not on the inside either...but thanks to the low overhead, there are awesome prices.  This place had the coolest furniture and decor.  I think I'll have to check in each week to see what they have.  We'll just call this my TJ Maxx in Belgium...only a little dustier.  Clearly, we are going to have to either sell a ton of stuff we brought with us or have two containers to take us home.  Or, maybe I need to go back to work to end the shopping.....
I'm continuing to make this house a home.  I picked up some flowers to brighten up the gate area.  I'll eventually get them in some nice pots, but the containers they came in will do for now.

And finally, we bought an extra fridge.  Due to my decorating in the kitchen with the cart and wall hanging, this will have to go in the basement (not a happy husband.)  But hey, it's basically a beer fridge, so Chris can get the exercise walking up and down the steps for refills.

And that is quite a day.  Getting ready for my mom and Mike to arrive on Monday.  I better get cleaning...right after I catch up on The Bachelorette!

Until next time,
Wendy


1 comment:

  1. What a fun day!! Love the flowers on your gate, and that pottery looks fantastic! If your collections start to get too big, feel free to just shop for me! :)

    ReplyDelete