Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Checking out Leuven!

We decided to hang out in Leuven today.  This is just 25 minutes from our house!  Chris was excited to see the Stella Artois Brewery on our way in.  We're going to have to see if we can get a tour of that place.  This was a really cool town!

They were having a really nice market.  That's dry sausage just like my grandpa makes!

and huge grapes!

Leuven also has amazing architecture


and ice cream!  We haven't had ice cream since we left the US.  I had Nutella flavored ice cream...yummy!

There was fabulous shopping.  I love European fashion.  But, I just couldn't talk Chris into this little number.  This place was a bit expensive, so we spent much of our time at H&M.


and, well....I'm really not sure what a gigantic, upside down fly on pole has to do with anything.  I'll keep you posted on that one.

Another reason I was interested in Leuven was the movie theater.  I've been wanting to find it and take the kids to see a movie here.  We saw Journey 2.  It was in 3D, and it was in English. :)  And, it was 45 euros with no snacks.  Yikes!  Leuven also boasts the oldest Catholic University.  We didn't see it, so we'll have to check that out on another trip.

It was a great day though, and we had sunshine all day.  So thankful for this beautiful Saturday!

Until next time,
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. You need to start posting how much it cost in U.S as well! Hahha.
    Looks like a cool city.

    ReplyDelete