You would have thought it was Christmas morning in this house. Thomas was up at the crack of dawn...well before dawn really...ready to go downstairs to see his Valentine's Day goodies. We were missing the balloons this year, but instead there were Belgian chocolates and homemade cards. I would have to travel to a store that is a bit of a hike to get cards in English, so I decided to just make my own. They were nothing fancy, but the recipients didn't seem to mind. The marshmallows were pretty yummy too, and the bears were just too cute.
Valentines were not exchanged at school, but it was an exciting day none the less. The school had a festival today to celebrate the many different cultures at ISB. Parents sent in food to represent their country (I donated rice krispie treats of course), and there were activities related to the countries as well. My friend Mackenzie, who is from the south, asked if I would help her teach country line dancing. Oh, did we have a great time! I forgot how much I missed doing the "Boot Scootin' Boogie". And, lunch afterwards at a French bookstore was delightful too!
After homework and a long workday for Chris, we enjoyed a family dinner at our favorite spot in Hoeilaart...Nerocafe. I'm going to finish off my evening by watching the Bachelor. Ahhh....life is good!
The goodies for the kids
Um yes....we ate chocolate for breakfast.
These kids love their stuffed animals!
Heart shaped waffles...don't get too excited...these waffles come right out of a package, into the microwave, and with a quick cut with the cookie cutter you have this. :)
Allison thoroughly enjoyed all of her valentines from the Lincoln School 5th grade. Thank you so much for thinking of her!!!
Our special dinner for Valentine's Day. These three are the best valentines anyone could as for.
My babes....thank you for the happy look Thomas!
Our little family
We hope you are having a very special day filled with love. Happy Valentine's Day!
Until next time,
Wendy
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!! It doesn't matter where you call home if you have the love of family. Blessings to you Wendy!!
ReplyDelete