Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Vacation with Imagination

Today was one of those days reserved for total relaxation.  Allison requested that they leave their pajamas on all day.  And, I happen to think it is good to have days like that.  I actually just told them they needed to go up and get their pajamas on for bed, and they laughed....at least they could put clean pajamas on!  Being home all day is rare for us, but it was good to get caught up on laundry, do a little organizing, and make a quick trip to the grocery store.  The highlight of the day was when my kids were actually playing....not on the DS...not on the computer...not on the iPod touch...they were really playing!  Pretending!  It was music to my ears.  They created pet stores and took turns shopping at each other's store.  Oh of course it wasn't all bliss.  They had to fight over who could use the tape, and they didn't shop at the other person's store frequently enough...blah, blah, blah!  But hey, they were playing, so I was happy.


Allison's Exotic Pet Store





Thomas's Pet Store


With spring break coming up, many friends have commented on family and friends that are coming to visit.  And, we had just received a call that my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and nephew would not be able to come this summer.  It has just totally bummed me out.  I didn't realize how desperate I was for someone to come and see us here.  I don't have a big desire to go home yet...I just want someone to come here and see how we live.  I want to share our life with the people we love.  And then, during my pity party, my mom called and said she was looking at flights for the end of May.  And, she booked her tickets!!!  It's still three months away, but it will be so nice to have her here for two weeks.  I don't feel like I need to have a lot of plans because it's my mom.  And, all that really matters is that we'll be together.    Did I mention I gave up soda for Lent?  I'm a BIG soda drinker, so this is truly a challenge for me.  I think my mood has been deeply affected by this as well.  But, I've gone two days now, and that's the most time I have gone without soda in years.  I can do this!!!

Until next time,
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, good for you that you have given up soda for Lent . . .I hope that you can give it up for good. Up until two years ago, I felt that I just HAD to have a Coke each day. Now, some doctors believe that there is a definite link between soda consumption and pancreatic cancer. Thus it is simply coffee, tea, and water for me! Glad to hear that your Mom is coming to visit you in May!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome to have your Mom visit! No one ever got a chance to come visit and that has been hard being back. I am trying to cut back on soda as well and it's very hard! You can do it! Good to see the kids enjoying some quality time! That''s part of the overseas adventure. Reliance on one another as a family unit. :-)

    ReplyDelete