Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Recovery!

Oh happy day!!!  I am sitting here on my couch with my Mac on my lap.  And, this Mac has all of my pictures on it!!!  Yipppeee!!!!  They were able to recover all of them, and they look perfect.  I've lost all of my settings, favorite sites that are bookmarked, etc.  But that is nothing in comparison to losing all of my pictures.  I guess this whole crashing incident made me realize that I really have an unhealthy relationship with my computer. :) I didn't realize I was so dependent upon it.  But, in my defense, it is my way to communicate with all of you.  This transition is hard enough, and I am so thankful I am doing it at a time when there is Skype, email, Facebook, blogs, and a myriad of other ways to communicate instantly.  Thank goodness this move didn't happen twenty or even ten years ago.  Phew!

Until next time,
Wendy

4 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you still have your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! So excited for you! If you don't already, buy an external hard drive and back up your laptop once a week....I got mine at WalMart and it's just that extra sense of insurance for all my photos too!
    Been missing you so much - just wish you'd drive by with your smile and wave!

    Hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy,
    I second the comment by salitersky. If you buy an external drive and set up Time Machine (takes 2 minutes - a special Mac back-up feature), Time Machine will back up everything automatically on a regular basis. You don't have to do anything. Works like a charm.

    Glad to hear you got all the photos back - you can't put a monetary value on them, can you?

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We're working on it. I've tried Time Machine to back up to my Time Capsule, and we can't get it to connect. Grrrr!!! I have the name of someone that can come over and help me get it going. I will not panic over pictures ever again! :)

      Delete