Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar Recap

Did you watch the Oscars?  I stayed up until 2:00 A.M. watching the red carpet.  This is one of my most favorite nights of the year, so I had to watch at least part of it live.  The dresses, the jewels, the beautiful people, honoring impeccable talent...I just love all of it!  I remember going to see Star Wars with my dad when I was only four years old.  And, it is still my most favorite movie...ever!  I have a husband that quotes movies all.the.time....but I love it.  Okay, okay...most of the time it's Billy Madison, but he likes going to the movies as much as I do.  So, the Oscars are just really special to me.  So, here's my two cents worth on the Oscars this year. It you're not into movies, famous people, Hollywood, or shallow thoughts...then you can just stop reading now. :)

1.  Billy Crystal is absolutely hilarious.  It was so good to have him back!
2.  Nick Nolte looks really, really scary!  On the other hand, Michael Douglas looks great!  So glad he beat cancer and is doing so well.
3.  Angelina Jolie is incredibly beautiful.  Really, couldn't she share a little of that??!!  Say whatever you want about the scandal with Brad.  She is still breathtaking!
4.  Apparently, I need to see Hugo.  It won a ton of awards.  But, I'm okay with not seeing The Artist.  No desire to spend my money on that!
5.  I didn't see Rob anywhere!  Bummer!
6.  Did you have trouble with the sound?  There was a clanging, tin sound in the background during dialog.  Anyone else?
7.  Will Farrell and Zach Galifianakis made me laugh out loud.  When Zach said his own name wrong, I almost lost it.
8.  "Man or Muppet" won best song...really?  I guess they didn't have much to choose from.
9.  When they did the movie montage toward the beginning of the show, I got really teary-eyed.  It featured most of my favorite movies....including Star Wars.  I just love movies!
10.  Time for Brad Pitt to cut his hair!  But I still love ya anyway hot stuff!
11.  Loved the actors thoughts on movies they love.  How those movies have shaped them.  I totally get it.
12.  Love, love, love the bridesmaids!
13.  When The Shore won...it made me think of my friend Tiffany up there in Northern Ireland.  Hooray for the little guys at the Oscars!
14.  The Johnson's commercial where the babies are "talking" to their moms made me cry my eyes out!
15.  Emma Stone has staying power.  Such a talented actress and just embodies Hollywood.
16.  Remember when Billy C. talked about James Earl Jones saying, "Baseball"...He totally nailed it.  Oh that voice. James Earl Jones is really aging though.  What will we do without him or Morgan Freeman?  I can't even think about it!
17.  The whole Governor's Award section made me cry too!
18.  "What a Wonderful World" was so beautiful!
19.  And who doesn't love George Clooney?!  I can't look at him without thinking of his character in the Facts of Life with all the hair.
20.  Congratulations to the Frenchman on his leading actor win.  Prior to this move...that would have bugged me.  And, now it doesn't. :)
21.  Oh, I really wanted Michelle Williams to win.  What an amazing gal.  For being so young, she seems to have been through a lot.  She strikes me as a class act and a wonderful mom.  But, congratulations Meryl.  You're pretty classy too!
22.  Someday...I will be a seat filler in my long, beautiful gown, hair all done up, and hopefully looking fabulous!  Can anyone out there help me make that happen?

I love movies.  I love the way they make me laugh.  I love the way they make me cry.  I love sitting in a theater and sharing the experience with those around me.  I love the celebration of the amazing talent.  Looking forward to the 85th annual Oscars next year.

Until next time,
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you got to watch them live! I was excited for The Shore though. I still haven't seen it, but it's on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #11...I loved that Reese Witherspoon's favorite movie is Overboard! I loved that movie. And she was so cute talking about it!

    ReplyDelete