I wonder how many Walmart plastic bags I've saved since moving here? You won't find plastic bags in grocery stores (or any stores) in Belgium. You can purchase reusable bags, but my days of leaving the super store with 15 plastic bags that are half full are over! Taking my own bags took some getting used to in the beginning (I always had good intentions in the states too.) There have been days I didn't stop at the store because I forgot them, or I just had to carry everything to the car. So now, I keep a stock in the car. And there's a positive spin on the bank account too...I think this has helped with frivolous spending. I only have so much space to take it all home. Maybe buying some cute bags will inspire you to grab them. These are just a few that I rotate between. I realize that black Walmart bag isn't cute, but my stock of those seem to be the ones I carry the most!
So, I challenge you this week....think before you go to the grocery store...and grab those reusable bags. Just think how many bags we can all save. Every little bit helps!
Until next time,
Wendy
Until next time,
Wendy
It's funny...I always take my reusable bags to Hy-Vee, but never to Walmart. I need to start! Perhaps I'll start taking my cute Thirty-One bags too! :)
ReplyDeleteYou "inspired" me! I used my bags today and put them back in my car! Love you're posts!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Good for you! And, thank you! :)
DeleteI ALWAYS use my useable bags...I use chico bags (you can find them on Amazon) and I love them because they fold back into their own little bag....you could fit several in your purse and always have a few. You can throw them in the washer and they are strong. Super cute colors too! Let me know if you want me to send you a link.
ReplyDelete