Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Friday, February 3, 2012

Little Snow....Big Problems!

Today, was our first experience with a "big" snow in Belgium!  The flakes were huge and just beautiful.  It was so much fun to watch all of the kids coming out of school.  It was the same with each one...they would scream and then stick out their tongues.  It was adorable.  I must admit,  I was pretty excited about it too.  As the evening has progressed though, so has the snow.  We've only gotten a couple of inches, but the traffic is just brutal (or so I've heard!)  I've watched on FB as people are just leaving their cars and walking home.  Commutes are taking 3+ hours, and school buses took two hours to drop kids off.  I'm thanking Him tonight...we made it home in less than 25 minutes, the kids had a blast playing outside, they enjoyed hot chocolate, and now we are watching the episodes of the Brady Bunch.  Safe travels and prayers to those that are still battling the snow and traffic.






These are the 75 steps I climb to pick up the the kids after school.

Home Sweet Home

Big fluffy flakes

This was the snack I had planned for after school.  The beach scene doesn't really go with the snow.  We don't watch Belgium television, so we had no idea the snow was even coming!  But, thank you Pinterest for the cute idea!

Early dinner!  Pardon the glare.  I'm standing in the kitchen with my hot chocolate. :)

Snow angels


Any guesses on who cried first?  Because someone always ends up crying...no surprise...it was Allison!

Feeling very blessed to have this warm and cozy home on a night like this.  Did you notice?...they are still outside.

It's just about dark....
There isn't really that much snow, but they don't care.  They have the sand buckets and sand shovels out there making a snow castle.

Wishing you all an enjoyable and relaxing weekend.  Much love to you all!

Until next time,
Wendy

6 comments:

  1. And poor Chris is suffering thru a mild February day "back home"...enjoy your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow and you all look beautiful...so does your house. But miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks quite fun. I remember the days of playing in the snow. Haven't seen snow yet this year in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snow, the after school snack, you cozy house, and all of you!!!!! What a great way to start your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison is using the bag I got her for her birthday! I find that exciting, but probably no one else does.
    love Leksi

    ReplyDelete