Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Birthday Celebration!

39!!!  Not sure how that happened.  But, I will say that I am excited about all of the possibilities that are in store for this 39th year.  It wasn't an extravagant day of celebrating.  I continued organizing the house, cleaned a couple of bathrooms, and I went to the grocery store and bakery.  After leaving the little bakery in Hoeilaart, I found my self smiling as I was walking back to my car.  I was almost giddy.  I guess that means I am content and happy.  

A family from CAT and the Peoria area will be moving here in two weeks.  Their kids will attend ISB, and they have been here this week on their house hunting trip.  They stopped by last night to bring us some hot chocolate and oatmeal (from the states) and brought along this yummy dessert.  They didn't even know it was my birthday, but they were in for a treat.  I stuck candles in that mound of deliciousness, and then I made everyone sing Happy Birthday to me. :)  Hey, is that too much to ask!?!  We had such a great time talking and laughing..as well as trying to help them decide which house to choose with all of our Belgium expertise...you know we have lived here for two weeks now.  Lisa will work with Chris, and her husband Scott is the "Trailing Spouse".  That's our official title...or so I learned last night.  Chris probably didn't tell me that for a reason.  I'm not one to "trail". :)  Scott loves photography, so we were teasing that we would go on photography field trips and photograph the countryside while those two slave away at their desks. :)  

Here is the delicious dessert...

And here's me...the birthday girl...with two kids who are equally as sweet as the dessert.  Hey Joy, you could open a gallery in my house.  You like all the photos?

And, this is what I bought at the bakery in Hoeilaart (I didn't know Lisa and Scott would be bringing a treat as well.)  Be jealous...it tastes even better than it looks.  

I start my PowerHour Bootcamp tomorrow.  That's probably a good thing!

In other news...we found out that CAT will no longer reimburse for bus service, so I will begin my new job as a taxi driver too and from school on Monday.  The kids are thrilled (to say the least.)  They do NOT like the bus.  I see it as a blessing too.  This will give me an opportunity to chat with the other moms at the end of the day.  I have had two people tell me I would have a hard time meeting moms if my kids rode the bus.  Perhaps this is God's way of getting me out there to socialize.

The neighborhood is having a gathering for us on February 5th.  I am anxious to meet everyone.  Sounds like we are the only Americans in the bunch.

Chris will be returning to Morton the last week of January for work.  I am sure he will be returning often. :( 

And, I am super jealous of the snow you are getting in Illinois.  Post pictures on FB.  I love the white stuff!!!

Until next time...
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment