Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Somebody Pinch Me

As we were walking through Brussels today, I just kept thinking, This is unreal...I can't believe I really live here!!! Not even five minutes later, Chris said, "Can you believe we really live here?!" No, I can't! The kids really enjoyed their first taste of Brussels...literally!

First stop...Manneken Pis. Every Belgian needs to see him in their lifetime. My kids are seeing him at 8 and 10. My mom is 60 and still waiting, but it won't be long now!


Next stop....waffles!!! Next to fries and mayo (my first choice), you can't beat Belgian waffles. They really do taste amazing.
Third stop...The Grand Place. What an amazing city center. I've read it is the most beautiful in Europe. I'll let you know after I've seen a few more. :)

Every street is just so darn cute!
Oh the chocolate! The kids are in Heaven. We let them choose an assortment of their favorite kinds today.

Oops! One more shot of the Grand Place.
Since we were already in Brussels, we thought we would try to find the Atomium...found it! How can you miss it?!? Chris and the kids are doing their best impression of Phil from the Amazing Race. They finished a leg of this season at this location. We were all pretty excited about that!


The view from the top.

Traveling through the Atomium.
Silly kids!


Tomorrow, the kids start their first day of school. Please say a little prayer for them tonight...and if you don't mind...include me too. Until next time...

Wendy

7 comments:

  1. Loving the pictures! Looks like tons of fun! Praying that they love school and that they are blessed with kind, welcoming peers and teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying. I know they are going to love it. Please give them hugs in the morning from me! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful adventure you have had so far. I imagine at this point it has felt like more of a vacation, but with the start of school and Chris being back to work the reality of it is hitting home. Saying prayers for a smooth transition into school life and routines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these fun posts are making me want to come and visit!! :) Praying for you all as the kiddos go to school tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics! I especially like the Amazing Race photo. :) Will say a prayer for the kiddoes. I know they will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such great kids, Wendy! They will get their jitters out and be just fine!! Saying a little prayer for you and them tho!! Love reading your blog and you bet I am starting to drop my hints about coming to visit while you guys are there!!! Have a yummy piece of chocolate for me!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are so cool! I'm sure when I show Ryan tonight, he's going to be as jealous as I am!!!

    FYI... The Grand Place does look amazing and very beautiful!!! Prayers to you all on your new adventures & life time memories.

    Love - Jenny & family

    ReplyDelete