I promise...last post about food for a while. :) Today, Chris, Thomas, Amy, McKenna, and I ventured up to Antwerp to go to the American Store. Now, don't go picturing Wal-Mart. This store was more like the size of a convenient store. But, thank goodness it wasn't any bigger because that would have meant more money spent. We really didn't NEED anything, but it was so much fun to buy some of those things from home that we really miss. Did you know you could really miss Pam cooking spray? I didn't either. I'm pretty sure I saw Chris jumping up and down when he spotted the Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue sauce. I'm glad he came along, so I wouldn't be the sole one to blame for spending all of our (his) hard earned money. I found diet Mountain Dew!!! Yay!! But, the only cases they had were past the date, so they were on sale. I went ahead and bought a case, but I swear I can tell if it is one day past the date. So, I'm not getting my hopes too high that it will taste okay. That was his last order of it as well because it only has a shelf life of two months. By the time it gets here, it is already expired. Bummer! We came in just 2 euros over Amy's amount. I think we did pretty well! Here are our goodies...
Anyone want to guess how much we spent???
Allison went to her first birthday party today. The birthday girl was having a Harry Potter party, and the invitation requested they dress up. I'm super happy Thomas was Harry a couple of years ago. This costume has come in really handy! Doesn't she look so cute!!
This is how we are spending a lot of free time. We bought this puzzle at Disneyland Paris.
Chris leaves for the U.S. tomorrow, and he gets to see all of my favorite people...yes, I'm feeling sorry for myself!!! Praying for safe travels!
Until next time,
Wendy

Love her Harry Potter costume and the fun picture of the family doing a puzzle together! Glad you are all doing so well!!!
ReplyDeleteWe wish Chris safe travels, too. I would like to guess that you spent around 125.00 (US) on these "delicacies." How close am I?
ReplyDeleteJulie Largent
You were close...it was actually $155 USD. Ouch! LOL!
Delete