Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Monday, January 23, 2012

Food Critic

Okay, the first part of this post doesn't have anything to do with food.  My mom has been mentioning rather often that I haven't posted any pictures of our master bedroom.  I am aware of this.  Before we moved, I redid our bedroom.  The whole thing...by myself.  I was so proud of it.  Loved the color...loved the accessories....and loved that I could say I didn't have ANY help.  And then one month later we found out we were moving.  And now, someone else is enjoying my newly redecorated master bedroom.  So, as much as I love the beautiful window in our bedroom, there is just something missing.  Maybe it's the white walls?  Or the curtains that don't match my bedding?  Or the rug that doesn't match my pillows?  I don't know.  It's just missing something.  So, here it is...my uninspired master bedroom.  I'll get there.  I'm just not there yet.

How many pictures can I fit on that dresser?...that's too many. 

Now on to food.  My whole life, I've eaten Belgian food.  My mom has some great Belgian dishes and during the holidays, we always have some more Belgian food to look forward to.  Our friend Anna makes these great cookies with a cookie press.  I recall them always being wrapped in foil.  Anyhow, I found them at the grocery store today.  I always take a snack for the kids in the car after school, and this was today's snack.  And you know what...they taste EXACTLY like Anna's cookies.  I was so excited!  I should wrap the leftovers in foil for good measure.

Again, at Christmas, my grandpa has always given us dry sausage.  It is an acquired taste, but I love it, and so does Chris.  Ironically, it was always wrapped in foil too.  Huh?!  Well, on my trip to the grocery store today, I picked this up for some tasting.  I'm pretty sure this is dry sausage.  I admit that I haven't tried it yet.  I'm a little nervous.  It is rather strange looking, but it looks just like Grandpa's sausage.  Neither of these goodies are on my new diet...go figure.


And finally, I found hot dogs....in a can.  That's all I can find.  But, the kids thought they were amazing.  According to Thomas, they taste just like the kind at the ballpark.  Well, I'll be darned...who knew...and they're cheap!  Good thing, because they ate the whole can at dinner.  Oh my fat grams!  Good thing they are young, and Thomas never stops moving. 

That's it for food.  School is keeping the kids VERY busy.  At this rate, they'll be able to skip two grades when they come home.  It is so stinkin' hard!!!  But, I know they'll get used to it...at least I hope because the whining and crying is causing me a breakdown.  Phew!!!

Until next time,
Wendy

2 comments: