Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Procrastination at its Finest!

Well, I did not get one thing done around the house today. We had a much better offer instead. My friend Amy (her husband is Chris' boss) invited us to go to Brugge for the day. There was a Disney exhibit of ice sculptures, and it was really awesome. Every Disney character you can imagine was represented....even Jack Sparrow's ship The Black Pearl! We took too many pictures to post, but these are a few of my favorites with the kids in them. There was also an ice slide at the end. They really enjoyed that too.

Thomas and Lightening McQueen


The three of us with Walt Disney and Mickey


We thought of Sophie and Sawyer when we saw Buzz and Woody!



Sitting in the ice sleigh..did I mention this place was freezing...and by this point I couldn't feel my fingers. :)


This one was really cool. Aurora's dress was blue on the other side.


The kids and Mickey


Since we were already in Brugge...we decided to go into the main part of town. The part of town that I've heard so much about, and it lived up to my expectations. It looks like you would expect Europe to look. It's beautiful with unique store fronts, hustle and bustle, the smell of chocolates and waffles, etc. It was perfect! However, we did pass a photo shop and every picture in the storefront had pictures of naked people. There was even a portrait of a naked family. It was just a regular family, but they were completely nude! Just getting some ideas for the next family picture for the Christmas card. Be prepared! :) There were also chocolates made into the shapes of the male anatomy and female anatomy. I was going to post them..but we don't want this little blog to become x-rated.

The clock tower



Isn't it adorable!


Apparently, we were supposed to show up on our bikes!





First taste of Belgium waffles!



This is his look of shock...quite the actor



The clock tower at night


It was a great day, but tomorrow something needs to get done around here. Until then...

Wendy

3 comments:

  1. Wendy - Your pictures are awesome!! Keep them coming. What a fun day. Brugge looks so cool - I wish I could see it in person. Hope your having the time of your life!! Janel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So have you looked in the mirror and said, "My name is Wendy Vastine, and I live in Belgium."? You are going to need another bookshelf to scrap all of these experiences. Savor them all...most of all being with the kids. Tell them i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures!!! Those ice sculptures were amazing and the waffles looked so yummy! Love the pic of the 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete