Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This and That...Random Wednesday Happenings

First of all, Happy Birthday to my sister-in-law, Amy!!!  The Vastines hope she has a fantastic day!!!

Here are the kids...ready for school.  The "T" in Thomas stands for tiger snake, and the "A" in Allison stands for Athlete.  It was fun to see all of the kids leaving school today and how they were all dressed up.  Some kids really worked hard on their costumes.  One girl was wearing a painted box that looked like a juice box with a straw.  Another girl had a box around her that looked like a vending machine.  Uhhh....they had one night to do this!!!  My kids are at a big disadvantage with this craft challenged mother.  Poor things!

We had a pheasant visiting our backyard today.  What is it with me and birds???

Thomas was the one that spotted it.  He was pretty scared at first.  "Mom!!!  What is in our backyard??"  But then, he was fascinated by it!

Chris bought me flowers for my birthday.  They still look beautiful and look how huge some of them are!!!  The flower arrangements here are beautiful.  You can get them at every grocery store.  I suppose folks buy a lot of flowers to make the inside cheery...to counteract the dreary outside.

Tonight, the kids had their first piano lesson via Skype with Mrs. Witzig.  I would say it went pretty well.  We are so appreciative of her willingness to do this.  The kids are so excited.  It is one aspect of their lives that has remained constant.

And, look what they were selling at school today....Girl Scout Cookies!!!  Oh, was I excited.  Friends have been selling them on Facebook for their kids, and I've been wishing for just one box.  So today, I bought not one...but four! :)

The fire department came to the house today to remove the owl from the chimney.  As of 8:30 this morning, he was still alive...staring at me from just inside the flue.  Unfortunately, there are two turns in our chimney, and their equipment could not accommodate for that.  I think they felt really bad that they couldn't help.  We now have the number for a chimney sweep that will hopefully come by the house tomorrow.  We have raw meat in the fireplace hoping to lure him out of the chimney, so we can get him out, but I'm afraid he isn't going to last much longer.  I just feel really terrible for the poor thing.

Hope your Wednesday is going well.  Until next time...

Wendy

1 comment:

  1. Wendy...woke up at 3:30am with the kids on my heart so I prayed for their school day. I miss them so much. We have been in Daniel on Weds nights. When they were taken to Babylon and everything was foriegn...language...food...customs ....they must have felt like Allison and Thomas are feeling at times. It might be a good read for them and great discussion starter.
    Hang in there with the owl...i am so happy there are girl scout cookies in the land. ;)

    ReplyDelete