Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Feeling Like Home

It's been fun setting up the new place. I still have a long way to go, and I always move things around constantly. But, this is where a few rooms are right now.

This picture was taken from the stairs and looking into our foyer. The front door is to my left. When you go through the arch, there is a study and a little bathroom.



I'm standing at the front door looking into the foyer. The front door is glass, so if someone chooses to rob us (which happens quite often in Belgium) they can just stand there and decide what it is they would like to take. Too inviting? Oh well....

This is our eating area. I love the brick wall!

Family room - Thank you 3M Command strips for all of the wall hangings. I'm pretty sure I can't make any holes in the walls, so I stocked up on these little guys before we left. While shopping at Walmart, I discovered that you can purchase them in both stationary and hardware....but the strips in hardware are CHEAPER! It's literally the exact same thing..same brand even. Just in case you were wondering.

TV set up - This was a new purchase from IKEA that we had sent over in our shipment. We like it better than what we had in the States. Yes, the TV is off center. We have the laptop up there, so we can run the Slingbox for our cable (thanks again Jeff and Kathie for housing it at your residence.)


So, that's all I'm willing to show you at this point. :) There is much more work to be done, and we still have the temporary furniture here, so it is stuffed in other areas of the house.

Nicole just called, and my mom's surgery went very well. Praise God!

Until next time....
Wendy

11 comments:

  1. Love your house Wendy!! I'd say you've done really well with the short time you've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slingbox is well worth it; used it while I was on my assignment. A great addition would be a long HDMI cable (I had a 15 foot one); it's an eyesore while in use but allows access to the keyboard without having to get up to fast forward the DVR; I'm sure there are other solutions but thought I'd offer what we did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome Wendy! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house looks wonderful!!!! You are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wendy, the house looks great! You should be proud! It looks so homey already. How's the electricity there? Do you have to use adapters for everything? How are the kids adjusting and when do they start school? How did Chris's first few days go? Do they speak English at his new work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!!! So happy you've settled in a bit. The moving stories are hilarious:) I'm jealous of your travels already and can't wait to come visit. Everything looks wonderful!!! I think I'm going to hire you to come decorate for my house. To next time...Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all! John, I leave the remote visible, and I use a mouse. Works for now. I do have to get up and hit escape if I hide the remote. Just like the old days of changing the channels. We have converters in each room for our appliances we brought with us. I am going to buy some more lamps this weekend at IKEA. It's dark in Belgium. The kids start school on Monday. Work for Chris is going well. The traffic wasn't bad this week due to holidays, but next week it will be a nightmare. They do speak English at work, so that is a very positive part of it. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, Wendy girl- you are officially hired as my decorator upon your return!!! I LOVE it!!!!! You did a fabulous job as we all knew you would!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks beautiful! And so very homey! Was just thinking of you and wondering if you guys were off on some European adventure this weekend or sticking around home! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking like home to me! Enjoy the arranging and rearranging!

    ReplyDelete