Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Beach Decor

We have an interesting layout for our upstairs bathroom.  In most Belgian homes, the toilet is separate from the rest of the bathroom, as is the case in our house.  This is really a terrific set up and quite handy with a boy and girl in the house.  In our Morton house, the kids had a beach themed bathroom.  To avoid more spending, we opted to carry the same theme over to this house.  They had a great "to the beach" towel rack, but it lost three pegs on the trip over, so that is going in the trash. Boooo! :( Most of the sink/shower room is tile, so that has posed a bit of a problem for hanging.  I used 3M hooks on the tile for their towels, and hung a "lifeguard on duty" sign in the toilet area.  But, it looked so boring.  I needed something to spice it up and give it some personality.  We have been on some really terrific beach vacations to Destin, Orange Beach, and Mexico.  With those vacations have come some of my most favorite pictures of our family and friends.  I wanted a way to display them...a lot of them...cheaply.  And, Voilá!  This is what I came up with.  And, no I did not see this on Pinterest, but I'm sure it has been done before. :)  The cost of the pictures was less than $20 (Chris picked them up when he was home...and I ordered way too many that I will probably just tape to the back of the bathroom door) and the clothespins were under 3 euros.  

Last night, I backed all of the pictures with fun scrapbook paper.  This is the sink/shower part of the bathroom.  3M hooks are holding the twine because this is tile...no holes here!


This is the toilet area.  I hung all of this a bit too high.  You'll have to crane your neck when you are sitting on the potty. :)

And, the other side of the toilet room.

Some of the details...super cheap because most of it was things I already had!

Can you see the sweet little umbrella brad above Allison's picture.  Love it!

So, when you use the toilet and sink in my house, you'll have something to look at.  If you're in there a while, I won't be too concerned. :)

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment