Nine years ago today, that sweet baby in my belly wasn't moving. I was relieved they would induce me in the evening. I had been dilated to a 3 for 21 days! I was so ready for this baby to arrive...and was worried he/she wasn't moving. It was a textbook birth though. They broke my water at 7:00 P.M., pushing by 7:35 P.M., and HE was born at 7:45 P.M. My sweet, sweet boy...I hadn't really hoped for a boy. I knew it would be fine if I had one, but I knew girls. I had a sister, I had a baby girl, but a boy...I just assumed I was having another girl and didn't give it a lot of thought. That sweet boy was wound pretty tight in the umbilical cord, but praise God, he was just fine. When I held him for the first time, it was like nothing I could explain. My boy...I had a boy...I had a mama's boy. He was BIG...all 9 lbs. and 21 inches of him. He went home in 3-6 month clothes. He got bigger...16lbs. 12 oz. at 2 months. Yep...you read that right. He's my boy. Nine years old and still wants me to snuggle with him at night. Still leans his head on my shoulder when we are out to dinner. Still climbs on my lap whenever he can. Fine by me...I'll take it as long as I can. You see, I can sense the changes. He is growing up little by little. There are things that embarrass him now. It's not quite so cool to have your mom around, but he will always be my baby boy. My sweet boy. Happy Birthday my little love, the one that melts my heart, the one I thank God for every night before I go to sleep. I love you so much Thomas.
 |
| Our first picture together |
 |
| This little lady sure does love her little brother. Don't you just love all the cheeks! |
 |
| I think I'll show them this when they are fighting. Such a good big sister and only 21 months old! |
 |
| This picture hung in the Kroger photo lab for quite some time. :) |
.jpg) |
| 9 months old |
.jpg) |
| One year old |
.tif.jpg) |
| First steps |
 |
| All tuckered out from a day of boating. |
 |
| "Big Boo" and Thomas ~ There has always been something about this picture that I love. Must be the head tilt...even from Big Boo. |
 |
| He's pretending to pout. |
 |
| A day in Chicago |
 |
| A little cowboy for Halloween |
 |
| Just a typical day at soccer. Um, that's him in the black shorts...upside down. |
 |
| First year of tee ball/soccer...glove on the wrong hand. |
 |
| Many, many years of thumbsucking. Thankfully, that stopped about two years ago. |
 |
| Beach lover! |
 |
| Cardinal fan! |
 |
| Note the death grip we have on him...he was a runner. |
 |
| No teeth! |
 |
| Just learned to ride his bike. |
 |
| The thinker |
 |
| Luigi for Halloween |
 |
| Destin, FL |
 |
| Mexico 2010 |
 |
| Easter 2011 |
 |
| Loves his grandma! |
 |
| He loves horses too...like his mom. |
 |
| Baseball 2011 |
 |
| He's a wonderful big cousin. |
 |
| Football 2011 |
 |
| Our new life in Belgium (this shot taken in Scotland.) |
Just some of my favorites of my boy through the years....
Until next time,
Wendy
Happy Birthday Dear Thomas...Happy Birthday to you. I remember when you were born and it has been a joy to watch you grow. Love ya! Valerie and the Smith Men.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Thomas! Maggie was so excited to talk to you today! Hope your birthday was GREAT! Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Thomas!
ReplyDeleteDear Thomas,
ReplyDeleteA very, very happy and belated birthday greeting to you from all of our family! What joy you have brought to your parents and to all who are fortunate enough to know you. I enjoyed having you in Sunday School so very, very much! May you be blessed with many, many more happy birthdays to come, and be sure to thank your mom for posting all of those wonderful photos of you through the years!
Love,
Mrs. Julie
Just catching up...happy belated birthday Thomas! What a sweet post....thankful for our special relationships with our kids! Really miss you all!
ReplyDeleteThank you all!
ReplyDeletelove,
Thomas