Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Monday, March 5, 2012

Jinxed??

 You know we've had quite the stroke of bad luck....my Mac crashed, camera lens broke, dishwasher wouldn't work, owl in the fireplace, Allison's iPod had to be restored and she lost everything, engine light on my new car, lightbulbs blow all the time, etc....  So, Friday night, we were sitting back on the couch.  Chris looked at me and said, "Hey, nothing broke today!"  And, then he didn't knock on wood or anything....doesn't he know you're supposed to knock on wood!?!  And, that's when our luck changed again.  Nothing really tragic happened.  Just more annoying little things that have to be fixed.  It started with the shower.  Thomas was going to take a shower before his sleepover.  When he started the shower, water went EVERYWHERE!  It was all over the bathroom and clear out into the hallway.  Needless to say, the shower head needs to be replaced.  Luckily, our bathtub has a shower hose as well, so I put that shower head in the shower until it can be replaced.  

Then on Sunday, Chris left for the US.  He was going to drive to work, leave his car for the week, and get his taxi from there.  I suggested I drive him to work just in case I needed his car during the week.  Turns out my gut instinct to leave the car at home was correct.  I noticed the rear tire on my car was low yesterday afternoon and there was a bulge in the sidewall.  Amy helped me pump it up (where would I be without Amy??), and her husband Chad did this soap and water trick to see if it was leaking air..and it was.  So, down to the local Goodyear I went today.  They are able to order me a tire that will be in tomorrow afternoon.  Let's hope they can actually put it on the car tomorrow.  Could be Wednesday.  Pray it holds the air that long.  If not..wish me luck with the bike pump! :)   I guess it doesn't matter if it is Goodyear in Moline or in Hoeilaart.  They always take good care of me!

Can you see the bulge in the bottom left?  

So, I was feeling really good after I got that accomplished.  I got the house cleaned today, and I also finished and put away all of the laundry.  It was fun being home and watching the snow fall outside.  It snowed all day and rained the whole night before.  

Isn't it pretty out the window.  Seriously, the biggest flakes I have seen in a long time!  Thankfully, it was much too wet for the snow to stick.

 I went to pick up the kids from school, and let them run and play for just a bit at the end of the day. Of course, with all the wetness, Thomas returned to me like this.....  


So much for being finished with laundry.  Like I said, nothing tragic...just a bit annoying. :)

Until next time,
Wendy


2 comments:

  1. Just keep your sense of humor, Wendy, and I hope that your posts help you cope with the stress of it all. By the way, what did happen to that owl?

    Love,

    The Largent Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A chimney sweep came to the house and was able to get it out. There is access to the chimney in the garage, and he got him out through there. He hopped out and flew out of the garage completely unharmed. :)

      Delete