Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Home Turf

Here's something I'm still getting used to.  This was our clock when we went to bed last night.  That's not 7:00.  That's just 7...12:07 A.M.  Prior to living here, I had never seen it displayed that way.

Today, we actually walked around our own town!  We checked out some of the local shops and grabbed sandwiches on the walk.  It was around 54 degrees here today with a hint of sun, so it was the perfect day to do a little walking while our car was being washed.


This is the city center of Hoeilaart.

We are experiencing a lot of construction right now.  And, it's not just a lane closure.  In many cases, the whole road is closed!

So pretty...too bad they are fake!

My girl...and her sandwich. :)

This is the massive church in the center of town. Hoeilaart has a market on Fridays in the parking lot next to this church.


Spring is almost here!  These are real!  That means it's almost planting time.  Yay!!!


We had a great time at a party this evening.  Our first night out in Belgium without kids.  But of course, Thomas called and said he couldn't sleep, so we went and picked him up and came home early.  Thank you to Chad and Amy for keeping him.  Sorry he chickened out.   Chris heads back to the states tomorrow.  Maybe you'll see him around town! :)

Until next time,
Wendy

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen a post about the kids school recently. How are they adjusting? Has the homework situation gotten any easier? French class? Do they still do piano via their IL teacher? I see all of the travels, but I'm curious so see how the daily adjustment of school is coming along. Thinking about the Vastines:)

    ReplyDelete