Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Monschau, Germany


Welcome to the beautiful town of Monschau, Germany.  Do you have a  picture of Germany in your mind?  Well, this is exactly what I pictured.  Thanks to a recommendation by my friend Tammy (a former Belgium expat and fellow Mortonite...well I'm not a Mortonite because I wasn't born there, but you know what I mean) we found this gem in Germany.  This quaint town is nestled in a valley and absolutely perfect in every way.  From the rushing waters, to the hiking trails, to the adorable shops, and the perfectly, old German architecture, Monschau is a picturesque town less than two hours from our home.  I am certain we will visit here often!
We had to do some posing before we could check out the town!

The Westercamps and the Vastines...what a group!

I loved all of the cafés that lined the streets.

Can you see the men fly fishing.  I felt like the whole day was right out of a movie!

The clock tower

Me and my little guy (who really isn't so little anymore...won't be long and he will catch me) in the square with shops and restaurants all around.  The river flows by here as well, so you can always here it rushing in the background.

Taking a break.

Can you see Allison and Thomas way over there on the bridge?  I was really hoping those other folks would move for the picture, but that wasn't happening, and the kids weren't going to pose for long.

Thomas borrowed Scott's hat, and I had to get a shot of that!

More photos around town


and more fly fishing

The start of the hike...We were able to walk on a path that took us halfway around the town with a  birds eye view.  This was the kids' favorite part!


A view from the top



How would you pronounce that?  Scott and I decided it was Schmuck and Urine.  LOL!  Mature...I know!

The view from the ruins of an old castle.


This is the castle on the other side of town.
A view from inside the castle...the one on the other side of town. :)




We got a lot of laughs over this too. :)







It was certainly hard to choose which pictures to post.  It was such a beautiful place!  I can't imagine how beautiful it will be when everything is in bloom.  And, I'm really excited to visit during their Christmas markets.  Just imagine it all snow covered.  Wow!

Until next time,
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. I totally read the signs the same as you did. Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely somewhere I would love to visit when I come over! So cute!

    ReplyDelete