I have been to more school carnivals than I can count. I guess I kind of assumed the International Festival might be a bit like that. Boy, was I wrong! What an incredible and huge event (and I am not discounting the time and effort that goes into the school carnival...I know that is a lot of work too.) Anyway, :) The two gyms were divided into booths for the countries represented at ISB. There were 57 countries and 30 booths (thank you Mackenzie for doing the homework for me.) Each booth was decorated with flair from their countries. This was just one of those days where I was so proud to be an American.
 |
| Here are the kiddos representing the USA! |
 |
| Welcome to ISB, and the International Festival! |
 |
| And, welcome to the American booth. Nothing says America like rice krispie treats, cupcakes, and cookies! |
 |
| Don't forget hotdogs, mac and cheese, chips, and BBQ pulled pork! |
 |
| And, of course, Budweiser! Just think of how bad the crowds would be at the already busy Lincoln School Carnival if this was offered on the menu. :) |
 |
| The Vastines and our friends the Wheatleys! Team USA! |
What a fantastic day! I can't believe the amount of work the parents put into this event. I have feeling this year was my grace period (aside from teaching line dancing with my friend Mackenzie at the American booth), and I will be a little more busy next year. Looking forward to being a part of it!
Until next time,
Wendy
That looks amazing! So much fun!
ReplyDeleteWendy, thank you so much for sharing. I went to Frankfurt to watch the girl's ISB softball team. I hated missing this!
ReplyDelete