I started the "Hints" class last week at the American Women's Club. This is a great class that offers tips to living in Belgium to newcomers....like myself. A speaker talked about all of the interesting things you can do in Belgium, and really, the possibilities are endless. We could fill every weekend of the year and still have new things to do. One of the recommendations she gave was to visit the Provincial Parks. These are spacious park areas that offer play equipment, walking trails, biking, swimming...you name it! So, on this beautiful day (it was REALLY beautiful today), we decided to check one out. The name of the park we went to was Bloso Domein Hofstade. It was just 17 minutes from our house, and to say the kids loved it would be an understatement. Here is our day in pictures. Sorry, it's another day of iPhone photos. I forgot to charge the battery in my camera. But I will say, the iPhone 4s does a great job!
After a great morning at church, we stopped for breakfast at our favorite cafe in Hoeilaart. It was so sunny that Thomas wore Daddy's sunglasses through most of breakfast. We are like vampires now... any sunlight, and we are blinded. :) I already posted this one on Facebook because it might be one of my favorite pictures of Thomas. I think he looks like he's ready for the Cannes Film Festival. :)
Can you say YUMMY!
Here we are at the park. This is just one of the fun climbing things they had to offer. And, all of the areas were marked with the appropriate age for play. This particular one was for ages 6-12, and in my opinion, he is WAAAAY too high!
The token parent picture. :)
The zip line was Allison's favorite part!
I wish I had a video of this. The giggling was priceless. They even had the guy next to us giggling. It was contagious!
As I was looking around, there were a couple things I noticed...
#1 Every child had an adult interacting with them and playing along with them.
#2 People were reading or engaged in conversation on benches, on the ground, or at picnic tables.
#3 Not one person was on their cell phone! No one was checking FB and no one was even talking on their phone.
It was so refreshing!!!
We ventured over to the beach for a little catch and a walk around the lake.
I'm assuming the mounds of sand along the beach have been brought in for the summer months. They are getting ready for all the warmth. ;)
Here is a pic of my totally inappropriate footwear. You would think tennis shoes would be good for a day of walking, but no. You should still wear heals and tall boots. Silly me!
The cyclists were out in full force today....even on the beach!
Daddy and his girl!
I love Belgian couples....especially "mature" couples (I did not say old.) They ALWAYS walk arm in arm or they hold hands. It warms my heart.
Isn't it so pretty! I can't wait to come here in the summer.
Rolle Bolle court??? Maybe?!
They aren't much for having their picture taken together. He has no idea how close she is actually standing, or this picture never would have happened. This is an interesting sibling stage...to say the least....
This is the prettiest day we have had since we arrived.
Of course, we had to get ice cream.
As we walked by the swan, both kids said, "Stop staring at me swan!" Do you think Daddy quotes Billy Madison just a little bit...
We hope you had an equally beautiful day! Enjoy the last few hours of your weekend!
Until next time,
Wendy


Lovely pictures!! Lovely day!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Julie L.